Easy, 10 cooking/food related random things you might not know about me? I’m game:
- I started cooking when my Mom went to Grad school, think I was about 9. She worked full time & took night classes, so my job was to cook. I used to think that it was super sexist that my Mom instructed me to cook dinner even though I had two older brothers.
- For this reason, my brothers & Dad will eat anything I make, I’ve been feeding them for centuries, lol!
- I get soooo nervous that I won’t like the food someone else has cooked. I have a super sensitive palette, if it says no, I can’t eat something, & I never want to seem ungrateful.
- If you come to my house, I feel as though I must feed you. Its how I show my love :-)
- I will try any food once. Anything, no matter what it looks or smells like.
- I come from a large family of super independent strong women who all cook. Please know that those two are NOT mutually exclusive.
- I love making Italian food & often joke that I secretly was given up for adoption by an Italian family.
- I love cooking for other people the most. Cooking for myself is cool & I love good food, but it doesn’t give me the same pleasure as seeing someone else enjoy my food.
- I used to love making really complex dishes with 2-3 hour prep times, but I’ve found that its just not necessary to enjoy a meal. These days I search for recipes with the least ingredients that are simple to make: my time is TOO precious!
- I’ve never wanted to be a Chef, I would hate the hours & being rushed while I’m creating dishes. I love being a girl that cooks for her family & friends!
I almost yelled out “YAY” in the store, lol! I live in Cincinnati and I only shop at the Aldi on Ridge (its the best in the City). Hopefully they’re headed your way!!!!